Short version: We use these basic terms throughout the agreement, and they have specific meanings. You should know what we mean when we use each of the terms. There's not going to be a test on it, but it's still useful information.
- The “Agreement” refers, collectively, to all the terms, conditions, notices contained or referenced in this document (the “Terms of Service” or the "Terms") and all other operating rules, policies (including the SlideshowGo Privacy Statement, available at slideshowgo.com/privacy) and procedures that we may publish from time to time on the Website.
- The “Service” refers to the applications, software, products, and services provided by SlideshowGo.
- The “Website” refers to SlideshowGo’s website located at slideshowgo.com, and all content, services, and products provided by SlideshowGo at or through the Website. It also refers to SlideshowGo-owned subdomains of slideshowgo.com, such as blog.slideshowgo.com.
- “The User,” “You,” and “Your” refer to the individual person, company, or organization that has visited or is using the Website or Service; that accesses or uses any part of the Account; or that directs the use of the Account in the performance of its functions. A User must be at least 13 years of age.
- “SlideshowGo,” “We,” and “Us” refer to SlideshowGo, as well as our affiliates, directors, subsidiaries, contractors, licensors, officers, agents, and employees.
- “Content” refers to content featured or displayed through the Website, including without limitation text, data, articles, images, photographs, graphics, software, applications, designs, features, and other materials that are available on the Website or otherwise available through the Service. "Content" also includes Services. “User-Generated Content” is Content, written or otherwise, created or uploaded by our Users. "Your Content" is Content that you create or own.
- An "Account" represents your legal relationship with SlideshowGo. A “User Account” represents an individual User’s authorization to log in to and use the Service and serves as a User’s identity on SlideshowGo.
B. Account Terms
Short version: A human must create your Account; you must be 13 or over; you must provide a valid email address; and you may not have more than one free Account. You alone are responsible for your Account and anything that happens while you are signed in to or using your Account. You are responsible for keeping your Account secure.
1. Account Controls
Users. Subject to these Terms, you retain ultimate administrative control over your User Account and the Content within it.
2. Required Information
You must provide a valid email address in order to complete the signup process. Any other information requested, such as your real name, is optional, unless you are accepting these terms on behalf of a legal entity (in which case we need more information about the legal entity) or if you opt for a paid Account, in which case additional information will be necessary for billing purposes.
3. Account Requirements
- We have a few simple rules for User Accounts on SlideshowGo's Service.
- You must be a human to create an Account. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted.
- One person or legal entity may maintain no more than one free Account.
- You must be age 13 or older. SlideshowGo does not target our Service to children under 13, and we do not permit any Users under 13 on our Service. If we learn of any User under the age of 13, we will terminate that User’s Account immediately. If you are a resident of a country outside the United States, your country’s minimum age may be older; in such a case, you are responsible for complying with your country’s laws.
- Your login may only be used by one person — i.e., a single login may not be shared by multiple people.
- You may not use SlideshowGo in violation of export control or sanctions laws of the United States or any other applicable jurisdiction. You may not use SlideshowGo if you are or are working on behalf of a Specially Designated National (SDN) or a person subject to similar blocking or denied party prohibitions administered by a U.S. government agency. SlideshowGo may allow persons in certain sanctioned countries or territories to access certain SlideshowGo services pursuant to U.S. government authorizations.
4. User Account Security
- You are responsible for keeping your Account secure while you use our Service. The content of your Account and its security are up to you.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your Account.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your Account and password. SlideshowGo cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You will promptly notify SlideshowGo if you become aware of any unauthorized use of, or access to, our Service through your Account, including any unauthorized use of your password or Account.
5. Additional Terms
In some situations, third parties' terms may apply to your use of SlideshowGo. Please be aware that while these Terms are our full agreement with you, other parties' terms govern their relationships with you.
C. Acceptable Use
Short version: While using the service, you must follow this Acceptable Use Policy, which includes some restrictions on content you can post, conduct on the service, and other limitations.
1. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
Your use of the Website and Service must not violate any applicable laws, including copyright or trademark laws, export control or sanctions laws, or other laws in your jurisdiction. You are responsible for making sure that your use of the Service is in compliance with laws and any applicable regulations.
2. Content Restrictions
You agree that you will not under any circumstances upload, post, host, or transmit any content that:
- is unlawful or promotes unlawful activities;
- is or contains nudity or sexual content;
- is libelous, defamatory, or fraudulent;
- is discriminatory or abusive toward any individual or group;
- gratuitously depicts or glorifies violence, including violent images;
- contains or installs any active malware or exploits, or uses our platform for exploit delivery (such as part of a command and control system); or
- infringes on any proprietary right of any party, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other rights.
3. Conduct Restrictions
While using SlideshowGo, you agree that you will not under any circumstances:
- harass, abuse, threaten, or incite violence towards any individual or group, including SlideshowGo employees, officers, and agents, or other SlideshowGo Users;
- use our servers for any form of excessive automated bulk activity (for example, spamming), or relay any other form of unsolicited advertising or solicitation through our servers, such as get-rich-quick schemes;
- attempt to disrupt or tamper with SlideshowGo's servers in ways that could harm our Website or Service, to place undue burden on SlideshowGo's servers through automated means, or to access SlideshowGo's Service in ways that exceed your authorization;
- impersonate any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives, including through false association with SlideshowGo, or by fraudulently misrepresenting your identity or site's purpose; or
- violate the privacy of any third party, such as by posting another person's personal information without consent.
4. Services Usage Limits
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without SlideshowGo's express written permission.
Scraping refers to extracting data from our Website via an automated process, such as a bot or webcrawler. You may scrape the website for the following reasons:
- Archivists may scrape SlideshowGo for public data for archival purposes.
- Bing, Yandex, Baidu, Google, DuckDuckGo and any tier 1 search engines may scrape SlideshowGo for public data for indexing purposes.
You may not scrape SlideshowGo for spamming purposes, including for the purposes of selling SlideshowGo users' personal information, such as to recruiters, headhunters, and job boards.
All use of SlideshowGo data gathered through scraping must comply with the SlideshowGo Privacy Statement.
6. Excessive Bandwidth Use
If we determine your bandwidth usage to be significantly excessive in relation to other SlideshowGo customers, we reserve the right to suspend your Account or throttle your file hosting until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
7. User Protection
You agree not to engage in activity that significantly harms our Users. We will resolve disputes in favor of protecting our Users as a whole.
D. User-Generated Content
Short version: You own content you create, but you allow us certain rights to it, so that we can display and share the content you post. You still have control over your content, and responsibility for it, and the rights you grant us are limited to those we need to provide the service. We have the right to remove content or close Accounts if we need to.
1. Responsibility for User-Generated Content
You may create or upload User-Generated Content while using the Service. You are solely responsible for the content of, and for any harm resulting from, any User-Generated Content that you post, upload, link to or otherwise make available via the Service, regardless of the form of that Content. We are not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User-Generated Content.
2. SlideshowGo May Remove Content
We do not pre-screen User-Generated Content, but we have the right (though not the obligation) to refuse or remove any User-Generated Content that, in our sole discretion, violates any SlideshowGo terms or policies.
3. Ownership of Content, Right to Post, and License Grants
You retain ownership of and responsibility for Your Content. If you're posting anything you did not create yourself or do not own the rights to, you agree that you are responsible for any Content you post; that you will only submit Content that you have the right to post; and that you will fully comply with any third party licenses relating to Content you post.
Because you retain ownership of and responsibility for Your Content, we need you to grant us certain legal permissions, listed in Sections D.4. These license grants apply to Your Content. If you upload Content that already comes with a license granting SlideshowGo the permissions we need to run our Service, no additional license is required. You understand that you will not receive any payment for any of the rights granted in Sections D.4. The licenses you grant to us will end when you remove Your Content from our servers.
4. License Grant to Us
We need the legal right to do things like host Your Content. You grant us and our legal successors the right to store, parse, and display Your Content, and make incidental copies as necessary to render the Website and provide the Service. This includes the right to do things like copy it to our database and make backups; analyze it on our servers; and perform it, in case Your Content is something like music or video.
This license does not grant SlideshowGo the right to sell Your Content or otherwise distribute or use it outside of our provision of the Service.
5. Moral Rights
You retain all moral rights to Your Content that you upload, publish, or submit to any part of the Service, including the rights of integrity and attribution. However, you waive these rights and agree not to assert them against us, to enable us to reasonably exercise the rights granted in Section D.4, but not otherwise.
To the extent this agreement is not enforceable by applicable law, you grant SlideshowGo the rights we need to use Your Content without attribution and to make reasonable adaptations of Your Content as necessary to render the Website and provide the Service.
E. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy
If you believe that content on our website violates your copyright, please contact us in accordance with our Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy. If you are a copyright owner and you believe that content on SlideshowGo violates your rights, please contact by emailing [email protected]
There may be legal consequences for sending a false or frivolous takedown notice. Before sending a takedown request, you must consider legal uses such as fair use and licensed uses.
We will terminate the Accounts of repeat infringers of this policy.
F. Intellectual Property Notice
Short version: We own the service and all of our content. In order for you to use our content, we give you certain rights to it, but you may only use our content in the way we have allowed.
1. SlideshowGo's Rights to Content
2. SlideshowGo Trademarks and Logos
If you’d like to use SlideshowGo’s trademarks, you must follow all of our trademark guidelines. Please contact us at [email protected]
for more information.
Short version: You are responsible for any fees associated with your use of SlideshowGo. We are responsible for communicating those fees to you clearly and accurately, and letting you know well in advance if those prices change.
Our pricing and payment terms are available at slideshowgo.com/pricing. Prices are subject to change at the end of a payment term.
2. Billing; No Refunds Policy
Premium credits may be purchased to produce photo slideshows with additional features and longer lengths. Credits can be purchased one at a time or in blocks at a discount. Credits never expire, are non-refundable, and are non-transferrable.
In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
By agreeing to these Terms, you are giving us permission to charge your on-file credit card, PayPal account, or other approved methods of payment for fees that you authorize for SlideshowGo.
4. Responsibility for Payment
You are responsible for all fees, including taxes, associated with your use of the Service. By using the Service, you agree to pay SlideshowGo any charge incurred in connection with your use of the Service. If you dispute the matter, contact SlideshowGo Support at [email protected]
You are responsible for providing us with a valid means of payment for paid Accounts. Free Accounts are not required to provide payment information.
H. Cancellation and Termination
Short version: You may close your Account at any time. If you do, we'll treat your information responsibly.
1. Account Cancellation
It is your responsibility to properly cancel your Account with SlideshowGo. You can cancel your Account at any time by sending an email to [email protected]
from the email address associated with your account.
2. Upon Cancellation
We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, but barring legal requirements, we will delete your full profile and the Content of your repositories within 90 days of cancellation or termination (though some information may remain in encrypted backups). This information can not be recovered once your Account is cancelled.
Upon request, we will make a reasonable effort to provide an Account owner with a copy of your lawful, non-infringing Account contents after Account cancellation, termination, or downgrade. You must make this request within 90 days of cancellation, termination, or downgrade.
3. SlideshowGo May Terminate
SlideshowGo has the right to suspend or terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. SlideshowGo reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
All provisions of this Agreement which, by their nature, should survive termination will survive termination — including, without limitation: ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
I. Communications with SlideshowGo
Short version: We use email and other electronic means to stay in touch with our users.
1. Electronic Communication Required
For contractual purposes, you (1) consent to receive communications from us in an electronic form via the email address you have submitted or via the Service; and (2) agree that all Terms of Service, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that those communications would satisfy if they were on paper. This section does not affect your non-waivable rights.
2. Legal Notice to SlideshowGo Must Be in Writing
Communications made through email or SlideshowGo Support's messaging system will not constitute legal notice to SlideshowGo or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives in any situation where notice to SlideshowGo is required by contract or any law or regulation. Legal notice to SlideshowGo must be in writing and served on SlideshowGo's legal agent.
3. No Phone Support
SlideshowGo only offers support via email, in-Service communications, and electronic messages. We do not offer telephone support.
J. Disclaimer of Warranties
Short version: We provide our service as is, and we make no promises or guarantees about this service. Please read this section carefully; you should understand what to expect.
SlideshowGo provides the Website and the Service “as is” and “as available,” without warranty of any kind. Without limiting this, we expressly disclaim all warranties, whether express, implied or statutory, regarding the Website and the Service including without limitation any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, security, accuracy and non-infringement.
SlideshowGo does not warrant that the Service will meet your requirements; that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; that the information provided through the Service is accurate, reliable or correct; that any defects or errors will be corrected; that the Service will be available at any particular time or location; or that the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components. You assume full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from your downloading and/or use of files, information, content or other material obtained from the Service.
K. Limitation of Liability
Short version: We will not be liable for damages or losses arising from your use or inability to use the service or otherwise arising under this agreement. Please read this section carefully; it limits our obligations to you.
You understand and agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any loss of profits, use, goodwill, or data, or for any incidental, indirect, special, consequential or exemplary damages, however arising, that result from
- the use, disclosure, or display of your User-Generated Content;
- your use or inability to use the Service;
- any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service;
- the Service generally or the software or systems that make the Service available;
- unauthorized access to or alterations of your transmissions or data;
- statements or conduct of any third party on the Service;
- any other user interactions that you input or receive through your use of the Service; or
- any other matter relating to the Service.
- Our liability is limited whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damages, and even if a remedy set forth in this Agreement is found to have failed of its essential purpose. We will have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond our reasonable control.
L. Release and Indemnification
Short version: You are responsible for your use of the service. If you harm someone else or get into a dispute with someone else, we will not be involved.
If you have a dispute with one or more Users, you agree to release SlideshowGo from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
You agree to indemnify us, defend us, and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website and the Service, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement, provided that SlideshowGo (1) promptly gives you written notice of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding; (2) gives you sole control of the defense and settlement of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding (provided that you may not settle any claim, demand, suit or proceeding unless the settlement unconditionally releases SlideshowGo of all liability); and (3) provides to you all reasonable assistance, at your expense.
M. Changes to These Terms
Short version: We want our users to be informed of important changes to our terms, but some changes aren't that important — we don't want to bother you every time we fix a typo. So while we may modify this agreement at any time, we will notify users of any changes that affect your rights and give you time to adjust to them.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to amend these Terms of Service at any time and will update these Terms of Service in the event of any such amendments. We will notify our Users of material changes to this Agreement, such as price changes, at least 30 days prior to the change taking effect by posting a notice on our Website. For non-material modifications, your continued use of the Website constitutes agreement to our revisions of these Terms of Service. You can view all changes to these Terms in our Site Policy repository.
We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of it) with or without notice.
1. Governing Law
Except to the extent applicable law provides otherwise, this Agreement between you and SlideshowGo and any access to or use of the Website or the Service are governed by the federal laws of the United States of America and the laws of the State of Florida, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You and SlideshowGo agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in the City and County of Melbourne, Florida.
SlideshowGo may assign or delegate these Terms of Service and/or the SlideshowGo Privacy Statement, in whole or in part, to any person or entity at any time with or without your consent, including the license grant in Section D.4. You may not assign or delegate any rights or obligations under the Terms of Service or Privacy Statement without our prior written consent, and any unauthorized assignment and delegation by you is void.
3. Section Headings and Summaries
Throughout this Agreement, each section includes titles and brief summaries of the following terms and conditions. These section titles and brief summaries are not legally binding.
4. Severability, No Waiver, and Survival
If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion of the Agreement will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent. The remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. Any failure on the part of SlideshowGo to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not be considered a waiver of our right to enforce such provision. Our rights under this Agreement will survive any termination of this Agreement.
5. Amendments; Complete Agreement
This Agreement may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized representative of SlideshowGo, or by the posting by SlideshowGo of a revised version in accordance with Section M. Changes to These Terms. These Terms of Service, together with the SlideshowGo Privacy Statement, represent the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between you and us. This Agreement supersedes any proposal or prior agreement oral or written, and any other communications between you and SlideshowGo relating to the subject matter of these terms including any confidentiality or nondisclosure agreements.
Questions about the Terms of Service? Contact us at [email protected]